This page contains an itemized list of the costs associated with building our new house. Over time, I hope to document all of the costs associated with the building process, including land acquisition, permit fees, miscellaneous legal and banking expenses, construction costs, etc.
- Septic permit: $275 (Septic Permit Approved)
- House plans: $1,423 (Buying House Plans; House Plan Discount)
- Lot purchase/fees: $65,500 + $502.50 (Buying Our Lot)
- Title insurance: $245.75 (Title Insurance When Building a House)
- Loan closing fees: $2,632 (Closing Our Construction Loan)
- First draw: $95,284.32 (Construction is 17% Complete)
- Second draw: $123,309.12 (Construction is 39% Complete)
- Third draw: $85,754.40 (Construction is 54% Complete)
- Fourth draw: $73,554.48 (Construction is 67% Complete)
I’ll do my best to update this list as things progress and, where appropriate, will link out to relevant articles elsewhere on the site.